For those of you interested in Construction work — please send an email to:
Solar Installer – Build the solar array racks and mount the solar modules
Electrical Helper – Install conduit, pull cables, and terminate cables inside electrical equipment, underground or industrial electrical experience required.
Equipment Operator – Operate excavators, forklifts and graders.
Career advancement to crew lead and foreman is open to everyone who shows skill, drive and leadership.
For all other open jobs, please include a cover letter with your resume’ stating your salary requirements.
References are required if you are chosen for an interview and will be verified.
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Please identify the role you are applying for in the heading of the email.
For the positions below, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please identify the role you are applying for in the heading of the email.
Job title: Monitoring Quality Control and Staging Technician/Electronic Manufacturing Assembler
Primary tasks: Perform quality control tasks necessary to ensure complete functionality of Strata Solar’s PV Monitoring System. Perform staging of utility scale communication systems- Rack Building
Secondary tasks: Assemble Strata Solar’s PV Monitoring System
- Timely Quality Control Testing of Monitoring Fabrication work
- Power On testing and evaluation, including software upgrades, configuration installation, cellular router activation, installation and verification, of an entire Monitoring entity.
- Network Routing
- Monitoring Rack Build
- Receiving Hardware and Maintaining inventory in organization software program
- Hardware warranty
- Electrical Assembly – Ability to perform point-to-point wiring of components.
- Mechanical Assembly – Ability to correctly use a variety of manual, electric and pneumatic tools.
- Drawing Interpretation – Must demonstrate the ability to use and interpret moderate to complex drawings.
- Perform addition and subtraction of fractional values as required
- Identify most electrical, electronic and mechanical components from engineering drawings and sketches.
- Responsible for equipment operation, inspecting product, and cleaning the work environment.
- Over-night to weekly travel may be required.
- Complete paperwork accurately.
- Must have at least 2 years of production assembly experience (electro-mechanical or electrical wiring, both AC and DC, experience HIGHLY preferred)
- Familiarity with RJ45, CAT 6, TCP/IP, RS-485, MODBUS, Hexadecimal, Binary, and analog and digital signaling.
- Design and Troubleshoot Local Area Networks, Wireless Ethernet, Cellular Routers, MODBUS Slave, Digital and Analog Interfaces.
- Under general supervision, works independently on routine duties.
- Assignments may be complex and require ability to operate a variety of production equipment and follow manufacturing procedures.
- Conducts all activities to comply with Safety and Quality Standards as well as departmental and company Policies and Procedures.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
The Director of the PMO Office is a role newly-created to support Strata Solar’s continued growth and success. We’re seeking a strong leader to evaluate, develop, implement, and adopt PMO standards and processes across the enterprise. Working with the management team, field level project managers and various staff support functions, the Director will develop a portfolio view of projects, set the company standards and drive high performance in project deliverables. This is an opportunity to use your expertise and creativity to build something from scratch, while enjoying the benefits of a career with a strong and industry leader. The Director of the PMO reports to Chief Operating Officer. The job is located in in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Evaluate current project management standards and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Select the PM methodology and software best suited for company goals.
- Develop the internal operating procedures of the department and streamline project management.
- Develop and integrate project management processes across the enterprise taking into account functional department requirements in the life cycle of a solar project.
- Build a portfolio of projects across the enterprise, validate current state and make recommendations to execute at a higher standard.
- Distribute key project management metrics as defined by stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Track critical resources and provide regular reports on resource requirements and utilization to the management team and to departments within the company.
- Work with executive leadership and human resources to identify candidates for PM responsibilities. Work directly with these candidates to train and coach them to standard.
- Day to day, serve as the technical expert for project managers on questions or challenges that may arise during the course of the project.
- BS in Business or related discipline,
- 5+ experience in project management and/or operations
- PMP certification or willingness to pursue PMP certification
- Superior project management skills
- Strong process orientation
- Outstanding communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and other MS Office products
- Working knowledge of the processes associated with large project management programs:
- Current methodologies
- PM software and systems
- Defined processes and procedures
- Development and implementation of templates and other project specific tools
- Ability to:
- Develop and articulate vision.
- Develop efficient procedures and processes.
- Influence with informal authority.
- Train, coach and develop people.
- Work across many different functions including development, engineering, construction, legal and finance.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and submit to a pre-employment criminal background screen.
Job title: Monitoring Operation Center Technician
The Monitoring Operation Center technician will be charged with day to day monitoring of utility scale photovoltaic energy plants across the Strata Solar portfolio. Daily tasks will include reviewing incoming alarms, managing tickets and resolving monitoring network issues. Support of field technicians that require verification that all components of the array and monitoring system are functioning properly. Additional task include updating reference websites and configuration of network devices.
- Review and prioritize alarms & tickets.
- Coordination with field teams to achieve resolution of electrical and/or monitoring issue.
- Maintenance of reference website for use by Monitoring and Operations & Maintenance teams
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field (energy, networking, engineering, computer science, etc)
- 1 year experience in data analytics or monitoring
- Background in photovoltaic theory, networking, and analytics
- Strong organizational skills necessary to document and track issues through inception to resolution
- Outstanding problem solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and recommend solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment and support technicians remotely to achieve resolution
- Strong background with MS Excel
- Familiarity with:
- MS Access or similar database tool
- VBA, HTML, SQL
- IPv4 networking
- Modbus & Hexadecimal
Job title: Electrical Designer
We are seeking an Electrical Designer/Engineer to join our growing team. The designer will be tasked with developing electrical designs and details for commercial and utility scale solar plants. The designer will work with engineers, construction managers, and suppliers to create project designs and standard electrical details.
• Minimum of 4 years of electrical design experience, including experience drawing electrical details
• Solar experience preferred
• Technical degree desired.
• Three dimensional visualization skills required
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency with AutoCAD
• Familiarity with the NEC
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and tight deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Excellent communication skills
Job title: Construction Manager
The Solar Installation Construction Manager (Commercial) is the responsible party for overseeing, coordinating, and successful completing Strata Solar utility scale solar farms and large roof top arrays. The Construction Manager oversees multiple solar sites with a superintendent at each site reporting to the Construction Manager.
• Work is often outdoors and on multiple job sites
• The majority of work is remote from the central office, requiring extended overnight stays
• Most projects are located in North Carolina, but as the company grows jobs will be located in other states as well
• Minimum 4 year bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent experience
• OSHA 30 Training preferred
• NABCEP PV Certification preferred
• Electrical License preferred
• 5 years of commercial construction management experience
• Previous solar electrical experience highly desired
• Experience working with city/county permitting offices and inspectors
• Must have knowledge of National Electrical Code
• Demonstrated Safe Working Practices and Knowledge of OSHA safety standards
• Success at managing and delivering construction projects on schedule and under budget
• Strong problem solving skills
• Self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong leadership skills
• Proven ability to maintain client relationships
• Punctual and reliable
• Organized and able to meet timelines
• Gives attention to detail and quality workmanship
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement of job methods and processes
• Has a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and can pass a drug test
• Proficient with heavy equipment (Forklifts, Reach Forklifts, Bobcats, Scissor lifts, etc.)
• Proficient with basic building equipment (Laser levels, transits, etc.)
• Must be very comfortable working on/climbing ladders and roofs
Job title: Superintendent
Responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and successfully completing the array portion of a utility scale solar farm. The Superintendent is a member of the build’s leadership team, which includes the construction manager, lead electrician and project manager.
• Minimum 4 year bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• OSHA 30 Training preferred.
• NABCEP PV or Thermal Certification preferred.
• 3 years of construction supervision experience.
• Previous large ground mount solar experience highly desired.
• Experience implementing quality control/quality assurance processes.
• Demonstrated Safe Working Practices and knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
• Understanding of construction math.
• Success at managing and delivering construction projects on schedule and under budget.
• Able to analyze project scenarios and implement site-specific design modifications.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to manage and motivate employees.
• Pays attention to detail and quality workmanship.
Strata Solar is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 919-960-6015 (ext. 105) to let us know the nature of your request.