Lead Engineer Job Opening
Strata Solar is hiring a Lead Engineer!
The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for the overall technical direction and execution of the electrical scope of work on commercial and utility scale PV projects. The Lead manages the activities of the Electrical Engineering Group staff and is responsible for the output of this group. The Lead is responsible for adequate staffing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction to engineers and designers in the execution of electrical scope of work on medium and large sized PV projects.
- Develop and maintain a quality design threshold through use of understandable quality procedures.
- Ensure all work carried out confirms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contracts specifications and ensure all work is carried out within agreed schedules, budgets and procedures in a safe manner.
- Prepare/review load lists, power system studies, single lines, equipment layouts, area classifications, sizing calculations, schematics, equipment specifications, data sheets, requisitions and technical bid analysis.
- Perform routine and complex engineering, design, analysis or other technical tasks within the electrical discipline utilizing current technology, available standards, calculation software, templates and cataloged products.
- Review contracts and summarize electrical system design requirements, develop electrical one line diagrams and perform electrical system studies using ETAP software.
- Review electrical system specifications and drawings to ensure compliance with applicable codes and contracts.
- Coordinate with construction and project management groups to ensure cost effective electrical designs.
- Responsible for the coaching and mentoring of the Electrical Engineering team personnel including: performance reviews, staff development and creating an environment for success.
- Supervises electrical engineers and designers.
- Plan workload and assignments of team members to projects.
- Help manage relationships with outside consultants to integrate into the available capacity of the team.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university. Has 8 to 12years of relevant experience, and PE required.
- Senior level experience with medium to large projects and proven experience leading an electrical engineering team consisting of at least 5 engineers / designers. Must have experience in and be able to estimate man-hours required for completion of work and successfully prioritize and assign work per schedule requirements. Engineer must have recent experience in verifying completeness and quality of work performed.
- Proficient with AutoCAD (desired), and MS Office.
- Experience with design of PV projects, strong technical understanding of solar power systems and solar inverter technologies.
- Familiar with solar array construction techniques, installation practices and plant start-up requirements.
- Knowledge of the ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC and other industry codes, specifications and standards
- Familiar with and able to specify high, medium and low voltage electrical equipment.
- Experience with Interconnections, and interfacing with utilities.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with consultants, authorities with jurisdiction, and regulatory agencies.
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with the ability to lead and interact with engineers and designers with clearly established expectations.
- Ability to obtain out-of-state PE license(s).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Work is performed in an office environment and in the field. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist and lift up to 20 pounds.
No third party solicitations will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.