Strata Solar is Hiring a Power Plant Maintenance Supervisor
The Plant Maintenance Supervisor leads all O&M plant maintenance operations at assigned facilities and is responsible for scheduled and corrective maintenance on all major and balance-of-system components utilized in PV power generation. This individual serves as supervisor and advisor to subordinate Plant Maintenance technicians in the field and reports directly to the O&M Plant Maintenance Regional Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all subordinate staff and subcontractors demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, state and local codes, and Strata Solar O&M safety policies and procedures in the performance of plant maintenance activities.
- Assign and monitor scheduled and unscheduled plant maintenance activities performed by both subordinate plant maintenance technicians and subcontractors at assigned sites with the objective of optimizing plant performance and plant operating efficiency.
- Confirm compliance with warranty and O&M contract obligations at assigned PV power plants during the operating period.
- Perform analysis of inspection and testing data provided by subordinate Plant Maintenance technicians.
- Ensure completion and submission of all inspection and testing data provided by assigned field personnel to the Operations Support Center.
- Perform acceptance inspections on newly assigned power generation plants in the assigned region, and generate acceptance reports.
- Assist in the development of regional staffing plans for plant maintenance operations.
- Assist in the training and professional development of employees.
Assist with or lead interdepartmental maintenance operations as needed.
The Plant Maintenance Supervisor‘s direct reports include assigned technicians.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and be able to travel occasionally to remote project sites.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for the entire duration of a shift.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel or bend.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs overhead repeatedly.
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction and ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to wear full compliment of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) ar required.
- Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends.
- Minimum three (1) years experience working with PV power generation systems in a capacity that may include design, installation, operation, maintenance or any combination thereof.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in plant maintenance operations.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of PV power generating system fundamentals.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all testing equipment, tools and procedures utilized in the maintenance of PV power generation systems.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with subordinate plant maintenance technicians, interdepartmental technicians and other personnel, vendors, and subcontractors in the performance of scheduled and unscheduled plant maintenance activities.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications to include but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, and SharePoint, as well as various industry-related software platforms to include but not limited to Maximo, Flir Tools, and PV Analyzer.
- Ability to assist with the development of new initiatives that will enhance department and organization capabilities and efficiency.
- Ability to provide oversite and direction to employees in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and vision.
- Ability to manage the overall operational activities and responsibilities of subordinate field maintenance technicians.
- Ability to make and/or recommend business decisions that are safe, financially responsible, justifiable and defensible in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish work to meet contractual obligations and optimize site performance.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with suboordinates, peers, immediate supevisor, and other contacts both within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to review metrics in order to measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
No third party solicitations will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.